It feels just like yesterday since the announcement of the BBC micro:bit V2 and many micro:bit fans around the world have been eagerly awaiting it's availability so that they can get hands on with the latest and greatest from the Micro:bit Educational Foundation.
Well, that day is here! Resellers now have Version 2's in stock but you'll want to get your order in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
If this is your first time hearing about the new micro:bit or you just want to know what's new on this iteration of the board, here's a quick overview:
- V2 is the same price as the original (£13.50)
- It has a new onboard multi-tone speaker
- The micro:bit logo is now a capacitive touch sensor
- A new notched edge connector allows for easier croc clip connections
- It now has an onboard microphone to detect sound and speech
- The processor, flash storage and RAM has been upgraded to allow for more demanding Machine Learning and AI tasks
- Power saving + sleep mode
- Bluetooth 5.0 & exposed copper radio antenna
The Micro:bit Educational Foundation have created a handy page where you can find stock of the new board sorted by your location:
For a more in depth look at the new micro:bit, check out the post we put out a few weeks ago alongside the announcement of the board: