POST BY Muzaffer Yağız Yasak. Will update author info when server is fixed :)
Today we will make an activity reminder with micro:bit. We often forget most things in daily life. We will make an activity reminder so we don't forget about the work we will do.
What do you need?
Open a command-line window. Type the following:
git clone https://github.com/codermyagiz/MicroReminder
Navigate to the MicroReminder folder in your command line window using the 'cd' command - you may need to change the path, depending on how you've configured git on your computer:
Next, install the required modules:
pip install -U -q -r requirements.txt
You can also download it directly from the following link: Here
Setting up the bitio library
- Download the David Whale's bitio library on this link.
- After downloading, unzip the folder.
- Flash the bitio.hex file onto your micro:bit by dragging and dropping it onto the MICROBIT drive that appears when you plug in your micro:bit. The bitio logo will appear on the display to show you that it has loaded correctly.
- In the folder where bitio-master is, open a command prompt and type the following:
python -m pip install src\.
- Done, you have successfully installed the bitio library!
- First, connect the micro:bit to the computer with a USB cable.
python MicroReminder.pyon the open command line.
- Now the "tick" will appear on the LEDs of the micro:bit. This means that it was successfully installed.
- Now, MicroReminder will ask you what you want to remember. Then it will ask you how long it should alert you after.
- After answering these questions, hold down B button on the micro:bit. MicroReminder will start working and when the time comes, it will send a notification to the desktop reminding you to work.
- If you want to stop the reminder, you can hold down the A button on the micro:bit.
Command Line Video